Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 5 of the no sugar challenge!

                                                      
The first 4 days were tough but I persevered. I even bought a pack of almonds to snack on in case I got sugar cravings. (Came in handy!) I went all out: 
1) replacing white rice with brown rice.
2)making a fruit +veg smoothie everyday
3) since I was feeling the 'natural vibe' I even went ahead and made my own yogurt!
4) Baked oatmeal yoghurt bread from scratch.
5) Limited snacking


But then today I messed up!


Note to self: NEVER bake pastries when on a diet (especially a no-sugar one!)


I gave in to greed and temptation and had approx 2 cinnamon rolls today. I had baked them as a Father's Day treat and convinced myself that I had to taste them. One thing led to another and I was on my way to a second piece!
Ugh! Feel so let down! 


                                                    Fall seven times, stand up eight.
                                                             - Japanese Proverb



That quote reminds me not to give up I guess! It WILL pay off. I've been very good about the sweets though. 
Went for a jog-walk with my sisters yesterday. Was too lazy at first to jog at all, but then I remembered what Noel Chelliah wrote in his blog post...(can't remember which) that if you want to lose weight you have to challenge your body and push yourself out of your comfort zone. ( His blog is awesome btw)http://www.dailymuscle.com/ so I did end up jogging /walking and even  threw in a couple of sprints =D 
Tomorrow I will get up and jog in the morning and hopefully be able to get back on track with my no sugar challenge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment